Monday, July 16, 2012

Profile Design Aqua Rack

So I'm still trying to figure out how to set up my bicycle for endurance rides like 60+ miles. I've recently discovered Profile Design's Aquarack sold at Sports Basement and Amazon.com. It starts as a metal ring that attaches to the bicycle seat post. The ring then extends into two metal bars that become holders for two bottle cages. Both of the two bottle cage holders have mounting brackets for CO2 cartridges. In summary, the device allows carrying of two CO2 cartridges and two water bottles.



What does this mean? If I go with the threaded CO2 system, I'll just have to carry two inner tubes, two tire levers, an inflator, and a patch kit in the saddle bag, freeing up the space occupied by the two cartridges. It also implies, I won't have to carry a bag for the extra bottles.

The down side is the inconvenience of removing the contraption when I'm riding in the city. There's no need for two extra bottles. That means, I'll want to take off the device since it weighs so much and doesn't look too cool when it's empty. Will I have to take off the seat post everytime? Yes.

Here's a link to another wordpress site that shows competing mounting systems and lists other options for carrying extra bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment